Click to Call
Alta Vista Insurance Agency

2585 Pio Pico Dr, Suite 100
Carlsbad, CA 92008

Get Directions

What Owners Should Know About Property and Casualty Coverage

Property and casualty (P&C) insurance provides financial protection against a large range of risks related to you and your property and is similar to traditional home insurance. This coverage includes covering common perils, such as fire, theft, natural disasters, and related property losses the policy covers, to name a few of them. Do you need this coverage? Why should you have it?

What Is P&C Insurance?

P&C is a broad type of insurance we offer here at Alta Vista Insurance Agency in Carlsbad, CA. It covers items in a structure that owners may experience from loss or damage resulting from unexpected events. As its name implies, property and casualty insurance can be divided into two parts.

Property Insurance

Property insurance covers assets, such as the structure itself, certain belongings within the property, houses, structures, and expensive goods you might own. The property aspect of P&C insurance protects against exterior and interior damage, vandalism, theft, damage from weather-related storms such as wind or fire, and more.

Casualty Insurance

Casualty insurance also includes liability coverage. This protection protects individuals from being legally responsible for damage to others’ property and any personal injuries. Generally, casualty insurance covers any court costs or retributions up to certain limits. Casualty insurance is often melded with property insurance through packaged policies and is collectively known in insurance as property and casualty (or P&C) insurance. Businesses can invest in packaged policies through business owner’s policies or commercial package policies.

Looking for All-Encompassing Insurance for Your Home or Business?

To learn more about these coverage options, call one of the experienced agents at Alta Vista Insurance Agency in Carlsbad, CA.
Policies we offer that can include property and casualty insurance entail:

  • Homeowners Insurance
  • Car Insurance
  • Condo Insurance
  • Renters Insurance
  • Landlord Insurance

We’ll ensure you have the right property and casualty protection in place.